The study is still ongoing, but so far the early results are promising. Of the 19 patients evaluated at the last data cutoff, one had a complete response and six more had a partial response. The disease control rate - which is defined as the total number of patients experiencing a complete response, partial response, or stable disease - was 90 percent for at least eight weeks.
What’s next for targeting cancer DNA repair with PARP inhibitors?
The median progression-free survival was 9. Overall, rucaparib was well tolerated. Eight patients in this study have remained on rucaparib for at least six months, and two patients have remained on it for more than a year.
The most common side effects were nausea, a change in taste, and fatigue, but none were serious enough to require any of the patients to stop treatment. The available capsule size for niraparib is mg.
PARP Inhibitors Moving Ahead in Prostate Cancer - The ASCO Post
The starting dose is mg three mg capsules once daily; the first dose reduction is mg two mg capsules once daily; the second dose reduction is mg once daily. Multiple clinical trials have proven the clinical benefit of PARP inhibitors in the maintenance setting for recurrent platinum-sensitive ovarian cancer, and these agents are now being utilized in a more widespread fashion.
- PARP inhibitors didn’t impair QOL as ovarian cancer maintenance therapy.
- Speaking of Jesus: How To Tell Your Friends the Best News They Will Ever Hear (Saltshaker Books).
- PARP Inhibitors for Maintenance Therapy in Recurrent Platinum-Sensitive Ovarian Cancer.
- PARP Inhibitor Combination Shows Activity in Small Cell Lung Cancer - Cancer Therapy Advisor.
The demonstrated utility of these medications is based on patient compliance; thus, every effort should be made on the part of healthcare providers to assist patients in maintaining dose consistency. Pharmacists can help navigate practical considerations involving dose reductions for patients as well as help with the management of toxicities and supportive care measures associated with this class of drugs.
Monday, 23 September To sign up for our newsletter or print publications, please enter your contact information below. Hagen T. FDA approves bevacizumab for platinum-sensitive ovarian cancer. OncLive website.
Published December 6, Accessed May 29, Waltham, MA: Tesaro, Inc; US Food and Drug Administration. Niraparib Zejula.
- PARP Inhibitors | Targeted cancer drugs | Cancer Research UK.
- PARP inhibitor.
- The Beginning (Animorphs, Book 54)!
- Modern Traditions: Contemporary Architecture in India.
- Franz Liszt and His World (The Bard Music Festival);
- [PDF] Resistance to PARP-Inhibitors in Cancer Therapy - Semantic Scholar.
FDA website. Updated May 30, Accessed May 10, Some resistant cancer cells continue to respond to platinum based drugs, encouraging further development of PARP inhibitors for cancer treatment. Future course of this research, specifically focusing on use of PARP inhibition as a strategy for personalized cancer therapy, is discussed. Michael Buege and Pramod B.
Volume 10 , Issue 4 , Journal Home. Close Print this page. Content: Citation Only.