Represents material u This volume of specially commissioned work by experts in the field of film studies provides a comprehensive overview of the field. Represents material under a variety of headings, including class, race, gender, queer theory, nation, stars, ethnography, authorship, and spectatorship.
Offers an international approach to the subject, including coverage of topics such as genre, image, sound, editing, culture industries, early cinema, classical Hollywood, and TV relations and technology.
- A Companion to Film Theory by Toby Miller, Hardcover | Barnes & Noble®.
- The Global Decline of the Mandatory Death Penalty: Constitutional Jurisprudence and Legislative Reform in Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean.
- An essay on the foundations of geometry;
- Food Processing Operations Modeling Design and Analysis?
- Handbooks and Companions: Humanities - Routledge.
- Items where Division is "Media, Communications and Cultural Studies" - Goldsmiths Research Online!
Includes concise chapter-by-chapter accounts of the background and current approaches to each topic, followed by a prognostication on the future. Considers cinema studies in relation to other forms of knowledge, such as critical studies, anthropology, and literature.
- Linear Algebra over Commutative Rings.
- The Tudors: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions).
- اسناد پیشنهادی.
- The Harbinger Companion With Study Guide: Decode the Mysteries and Respond to the Call that Can Change Americas Future-and Yours.
- Lincoln Repository.
- The Origins of Morality: An Evolutionary Account!
Get A Copy. Paperback , pages. More Details Original Title. Other Editions 1.
Friend Reviews. To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.
ISBN 13: 9780631206446
To ask other readers questions about Companion to Film Theory , please sign up. Be the first to ask a question about Companion to Film Theory. Lists with This Book. This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Community Reviews. Showing Rating details.
All Languages. More filters. Sort order. Marilyn rated it liked it Mar 08, Traveller rated it really liked it Dec 19, Loren Lankford rated it liked it Jan 12, Erik Kyle Loncar rated it really liked it Mar 17, Philippe rated it liked it Nov 28, Teet rated it really liked it Sep 29, Psychoanalysis: Richard Allen. Spectatorship and Subjectivity: E. Deidre Pribram.
Recommended For You
Culture Industries: Douglas Kellner. Cultural Exchange: Tom O'Regan.
- A Companion to Robert Altman (eBook);
- The Great Book of Sports Cars: Over 200 of the World’s Greatest Automobiles.
- Rise of the Videogame Zinesters: How Freaks, Normals, Amateurs, Artists, Dreamers, Drop-outs, Queers, Housewives, and People Like You Are Taking Back an Art Form.
Historical Allegory: Ismail Xavier. Story Substance, Structure, Style and the Principles In Stock.
Stephen King at the Movies. Bond Behind the Scenes. Coreyography A Memoir. Wiley-Blackwell, Chichester, pp. Galt, Rosalind On L'avventura and the picturesque. Antonioni: Centenary Essays. Palgrave Macmillan, New York, pp. Taking place: location and the moving image. University of Minnesota Press, Minneapolis, pp. Galt, Rosalind On L'Avventura and the picturesque. Antonioni: centenary essays.
You may also be interested in...
British Film Institute, London. On Michael Haneke. Wayne State University Press, Detroit, pp. Galt, Rosalind Between the ornament and the corpse: Adolf Loos and classical film theory.
L. Hardwick, C. Stray (éd.), A Companion to Classical Receptions
In: Trifonova, T ed. European film theory. Routledge, London, pp. Home Staff search Rosalind Galt Selected publications.